> This is Pybliographic 1.2.7 [Python 2.4.2, Gtk 2.6.10, PyGTK 2.6.2]
>
> (pybliographer:226): libglade-WARNING **: Could not load support for
> `gnome': dlopen(libgnome.so, 9): image not found

Is libgnomeui2 installed?  You can determine this with "fink list libgnomeui2".

I had a similar experience with a program named "Meld".  When I tried to run
Meld with the same versions of fink and OS X as Patrick, I received a sequence
of errors that also began with "libglade-WARNING **:
Could not load support for `gnome': dlopen(libgnome.so, 9): image not found".

I think the problem was that libgnomeui2 was not installed.  (libgnomeui2-dev
and libgnomeui2-shlibs were installed).  Meld started working after running
"fink install libgnomeui2".
--
Peter