Hello,

Does anyone now how I can get fink installed programs to open the files they created by double clicking on the files? I have some Abiword and Gnumeric files. When the file is produced it creates a generic icon (looks like a white piece of paper with one corner folded over). Doubling clicking on this file reproduces the file sans the file extension, ie book1.gnumeric produces book1. I have tried making gnumeric and abiword associate with their produces files by clicking on the file, choosing "get info" option and then the "Open with:" option. I located the abiword and gnumeric in /Mac HD/sw/bin. Everything in that directory is grey and won't let me associate files with it. Is there a command line that I can use to associate .abw with Abiword and .gnumeric with Gnumeric? Any help would be looked upon kindly.

Cheers,

Mike

--
Michael J. Vollinger