I'm having troubles with printing in gnome2 apps. Various apps will send a job to the printer, but I get a mostly blank page out. Occasionally, there are some simple graphics (straight lines, for instance), but generally no fonts get rendered.

The print preview screen is accurate -- whatever does or doesn't show up there is what gets printed (or not). The xterm window frequently shows complains about something not being able to find Sans, but gedit (and other apps) can display Sans fine.

Firefox seems to print well. And yelp 2.14 succeeded in printing the main pane of a page with text appearing.

gedit 2.6.2-1002, gnumeric 1.4.?,  and gnucash 1.9.x do not print well.

Last December, I did install xorg in an effort to resolve a problem with yelp. When that didn't solve the yelp problem, I went back to Apple's X11 (and I tried to follow the faq carefully during that reversion). Everything but printing seems to work with my current setup.

Does anyone who does get libgnomeprint2.2 dependent apps to print have any words of wisdom? Is there something in one of the font configuration utilities that I might have missed when trying to clean up an X swap? I did build my current bundle-gnome completely from scratch in a clean fink tree.

Mac OS X 10.4.6 (but my problems started long before the last system upgrade) fink 0.24.15, 0.8.1.rsync, 10.4 branch (but I have identical problems in a 10.4-transitional install)
--
David Reiser