good day, list reader,

I've been trying to install mplayer on my new iBook G4 using fink and
having it play also realaudio streams...  searched for the solution on
the net and on this list, but I'm not so good at looking, or there
wasn't a solution yet.  don't know.  anyways: I'm writing here what I
had to do.

the error I was receiving was this:

La famiglia di codec audio richiesta [racook] (afm=realaud) non รจ 
disponibile (abilita in compilazione!)
or:
Requested audio codec family [racook] (afm=realaud) not available.
Enable it at compilation.

the solution is actually quite easy, only the order of things to do was
not so obvious.

this will work if you have installed a recent version of RealPlayer,
containing the Helix codecs.

edit the configuration file mplayer.info in
/sw/fink/10.4/unstable/main/finkinfo/graphics/

find the line defining the ConfigureParams and add the following 
--with-codecsdir=/Applications/RealPlayer.app/Contents/Frameworks/HXClientKit.framework/HelixPlugins/Codecs

then remove the installed mplayer and the already built mplayer deb
file from /sw/fink/dists/unstable/main/binary-darwin-powerpc/graphics/ .
now rebuild and the mplayer will now see the codecs...

there was an other small problem, for some reasons mplayer tries to
write into a non existing directory.  I had to create it like this:

mkdir /tmp/ksocket-$USER

what did I miss that it did not work just out of the box?  for the rest,
this fink thing is really almost as comfortable as debian, thanks a lot.

regards,
Mario Frasca

-- 
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. 
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
-- Groucho Marx.


-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take Surveys. Earn Cash. Influence the Future of IT
Join SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll get the chance to share your
opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys -- and earn cash
http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV
_______________________________________________
Fink-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/fink-users

Reply via email to