On 9/21/06, Mario Frasca <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Alexander,
>
> On 2006-0920 15:29:14, Alexander Hansen wrote:
> > (you didn't have to remove the .deb by the way--the "fink rebuild"
> > command would have overwritten it.)
>
> well, I'm still on time to learn, I hope, and to experiment, I fear.  :)
>
> > Fink's mplayer package isn't set up to know about RealPlayer, and it
> > would take a fair amount of effort to make a variant that would handle
> > realaudio.
>
> why?  isn't adding the directory with the codecs enough?  ah, you mean,
> fixing package dependencies and possibly constructing placeholder
> packages...  or where is the bulk of the work?

Making a robust way to deal with the codec file:  since RealPlayer.app
can be moved anywhere in the filesystem, one would have to come up
with a way to deal with that--perhaps create a package that will
search the filesystem for the RealPlayer app bundle, extract the codec
file, and install it somewhere in the fink tree,   That way it's
guaranteed to be in a unique location.

>
> I see it also has difficulties in seeing the wmv decoders.  I've
> downloaded a stream from raiclick.it and I can't play it back other than
> in QuickTime Player with Flip4Mac.
>
> the message here is:
> ==========================================================================
> Requested video codec family [wmv9dmo] (vfm=dmo) not available.
> Enable it at compilation.
> Requested video codec family [wmvdmo] (vfm=dmo) not available.
> Enable it at compilation.
> Cannot find codec matching selected -vo and video format 0x33564D57.
> Read DOCS/HTML/en/codecs.html!
> ==========================================================================
>
> I didn't recognize the directory to include in the configuration file
>
> --
>  Did you know that "gullible" isn't in the dictionary? Look it up.
>


-- 
Alexander K. Hansen
Fink Documenter (still)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Take Surveys. Earn Cash. Influence the Future of IT
Join SourceForge.net's Techsay panel and you'll get the chance to share your
opinions on IT & business topics through brief surveys -- and earn cash
http://www.techsay.com/default.php?page=join.php&p=sourceforge&CID=DEVDEV
_______________________________________________
Fink-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/fink-users

Reply via email to