Dear All

I recently contacted Mike Dyall Smith and Ben Hines with the following query, and Ben Hines directed me to this list. If anyone can help, I'd be most grateful.

 have a new Mac Book Pro running 10.5.2.
I'm sorry if you must be bombarded with similar requests, but I have been following the instructions on your Installing ARB for Leapord 10.5 (http://www.haloarchaea.com/resources/arb/index.html ), but have
run into problems. I've installed Fink, updated and indexed as per
instructions, but when I try and install arb, I get the following message:

W: Couldn't stat source package list file: unstable/crypto Packages
(/sw/var/lib/apt/lists/_sw_fink_dists_unstable_crypto_binary-darwin- i386_Packages)
- stat (2 No such file or directory)
W: Couldn't stat source package list file: local/bootstrap Packages
(/sw/var/lib/apt/lists/_sw_fink_dists_local_bootstrap_binary-darwin- i386_Packages)
- stat (2 No such file or directory)
W: Couldn't stat source package list file: unstable/crypto Packages
(/sw/var/lib/apt/lists/_sw_fink_dists_unstable_crypto_binary-darwin- i386_Packages)
- stat (2 No such file or directory)
W: Couldn't stat source package list file: local/bootstrap Packages
(/sw/var/lib/apt/lists/_sw_fink_dists_local_bootstrap_binary-darwin- i386_Packages)
- stat (2 No such file or directory)
fink needs help picking an alternative to satisfy a virtual dependency. The
candidates:
(1) ghostscript: Interpreter for PostScript and PDF
(2) ghostscript-esp: Enhanced GNU Ghostscript with better CJK and printer
support
(3) ghostscript6: Interpreter for PostScript and PDF, v6.01
Pick one: [1]

When I downloaded Fink, I had to use the Fink 0.9.0 Binary Installer
(Intel), as earlier specified versions could not be used on the Leapord
10.5.2 operating system. I've double checked the installation and the
updating/indexing using the Fink Commander and all seems to be present and correct, with messages like "No packages need updating" and "Done" etc... I'm no expert with the terminal, but assume that all is present and correct. I think that the problem is that the file pathways such as unstable/ crypto Packages don't exist in this download of Fink. When I look for example at the "unstable" folder, it only contains folders called "crypto" and "main",
not one called crypto Packages.
I have installed a virtual Linux machine on my new Mac, but really wanted to get ARB up and running so that I can take full advantage of the processing
power of the native OS.
If you were able to provide any feedback, I'd be really grateful and really
appreciate the guidance so far!!
With best wishes and thanks
Si Creer
Simon Creer
Research Fellow
Molecular Ecology and Fisheries Genetics Laboratory
School of Biological Sciences
Environment Centre Wales
Bangor University
Gwynedd
LL57 2UW
Tel: +44(0)1248 382302
Fax: +44(0)1248 382569
web: http://www.bangor.ac.uk/~bssa0d/
Skype: spideycreer






--
Gall y neges e-bost hon, ac unrhyw atodiadau a anfonwyd gyda hi,
gynnwys deunydd cyfrinachol ac wedi eu bwriadu i'w defnyddio'n unig
gan y sawl y cawsant eu cyfeirio ato (atynt). Os ydych wedi derbyn y
neges e-bost hon trwy gamgymeriad, rhowch wybod i'r anfonwr ar
unwaith a dilëwch y neges. Os na fwriadwyd anfon y neges atoch chi,
rhaid i chi beidio â defnyddio, cadw neu ddatgelu unrhyw wybodaeth a
gynhwysir ynddi. Mae unrhyw farn neu safbwynt yn eiddo i'r sawl a'i
hanfonodd yn unig  ac nid yw o anghenraid yn cynrychioli barn
Prifysgol Bangor. Nid yw Prifysgol Bangor yn gwarantu
bod y neges e-bost hon neu unrhyw atodiadau yn rhydd rhag firysau neu
100% yn ddiogel. Oni bai fod hyn wedi ei ddatgan yn uniongyrchol yn
nhestun yr e-bost, nid bwriad y neges e-bost hon yw ffurfio contract
rhwymol - mae rhestr o lofnodwyr awdurdodedig ar gael o Swyddfa
Cyllid Prifysgol Bangor.  www.bangor.ac.uk

This email and any attachments may contain confidential material and
is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s).  If you have
received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately
and delete this email.  If you are not the intended recipient(s), you
must not use, retain or disclose any information contained in this
email.  Any views or opinions are solely those of the sender and do
not necessarily represent those of the Bangor University.
Bangor University does not guarantee that this email or
any attachments are free from viruses or 100% secure.  Unless
expressly stated in the body of the text of the email, this email is
not intended to form a binding contract - a list of authorised
signatories is available from the Bangor University Finance
Office.  www.bangor.ac.uk


-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.Net email is sponsored by the Moblin Your Move Developer's challenge
Build the coolest Linux based applications with Moblin SDK & win great prizes
Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in the world
http://moblin-contest.org/redirect.php?banner_id=100&url=/
_______________________________________________
Fink-users mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/fink-users

Reply via email to