Hello,

On my iMac (intel) running 10.5.5 with Xcode 3.1.1 I try to install
ffmpeg and I get  a problem with inconsistent dependencies.  Any
suggestions as to how I can fix this?

Thanks,
Francis

fink install ffmpeg
Information about 7281 packages read in 1 seconds.

fink needs help picking an alternative to satisfy a virtual
dependency. The candidates:

(1)     lynx: Console based web browser
(2)     links: Lynx-like text WWW browser with tables
(3)     w3m: Text-mode WWW browser with tables/frames
(4)     elinks: Development version of Links text WWW browser
(5)     lynx-ssl: (obsolete) Dummy upgrade package for lynx with system-
openssl
(6)     links-ssl: (obsolete) Lynx-like text WWW browser with tables
(7)     w3m-ssl: (obsolete) Upgrade package for w3m
(8)     elinks-ssl: (obsolete) Dummy upgrade package: use elinks instead

Pick one: [3]
The following package will be installed or updated:
  ffmpeg
The following 53 additional packages will be installed:
  docbook-utils esound esound-bin esound-common esound-shlibs faac
faac-dev faac-shlibs faad gettext-dev gsm gtk+ gtk+-data gtk+-shlibs
id3lib4-dev id3lib4-shlibs imlib2 imlib2-shlibs jadetex lame lame-dev
lame-shlibs launch
  libavcodec51-shlibs libavdevice52-shlibs libavformat52-shlibs
libavutil49-shlibs libfaad1-dev libfaad1-shlibs libgnugetopt
libgnugetopt-shlibs libid3tag libid3tag-shlibs libmikmod3 libmikmod3-
shlibs libmp4v21-shlibs libswscale0-shlibs
  libtheora0 libtheoradec1-shlibs libtheoraenc1-shlibs libvorbis0
libx264-57-shlibs libx264-dev libxml libxml-shlibs sgmls-pm w3m xmkmf
xmms xmms-bin xmms-shlibs xvidcore xvidcore-shlibs
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
Reading buildlock packages...
Could not resolve inconsistent dependencies!
It looks like some of the problems encountered involve buildlocks for
the following packages:
   glib2-2.12.12-2

This probably means you should wait for those packages to finish
building, and then try again
Failed: Fink::SysState: Could not resolve inconsistent dependencies