Jan Haag wrote:
> Hi list,
> I'm not sure wether or not this is the right place to ask, but on my
> newly installed Mac OS X 10.6
> it looks like any package depending on X11 doesn't find it... As far
> as I understood the workflow
> of the autoconf-script, the headers should be found, but the libraries
> not...
> The fink system-xfree86 package, including the -dev and -shlibs parts,
> is installed.
>
> Though it's most likely something simple I missed, I don't really have
> any idea on how to fix it...
> Any help would be highly appreciated.

I don't understand quite what you mean, it works for me:

$ cat configure.ac
AC_INIT([foo],[0.1])
AC_PROG_CC
AC_PATH_X
$ autoconf
$ ./configure
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for X... libraries /usr/X11/lib, headers

This is correct, -L/usr/X11/lib is needed to find libraries, no -I flags
are needed.

If you are talking about a package with an older configure script, then
yes, you may have to rerun autoconf on that package, or pass
--x-libraries=/usr/X11R6/lib to configure, as xmkmf does not exist on
10.6, and older autoconf did not know how to find the location of X11 on
Mac OS X without it.

Peter
--
Peter O'Gorman