Jan Haag wrote:
> Hi,
> on trying to build ghostscript-nox-7.04-3 I encountered the following error:
>
> gcc `cat ./obj/cc.tr`  -DHAVE_MKSTEMP -O2 -I/sw/include -Wall
> -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-prototypes
> -Wtraditional -fno-builtin -fno-common  -I./obj -Ijpeg  -o
> ./obj/jcinit.o -c ./obj/jcinit.c
> In file included from ./obj/jinclude.h:20,
>                  from ./obj/jcinit.c:19:
> ./obj/jconfig.h:181:4: warning: suggest hiding #pragma from traditional
> C with an indented #
> ./obj/jcinit.c: In function 'jinit_compress_master':
> ./obj/jcinit.c:31: warning: traditional C rejects ISO C style function
> definitions
> ./obj/jcinit.c:45: error: 'JERR_ARITH_NOTIMPL' undeclared (first use in
> this function)
> ./obj/jcinit.c:45: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> ./obj/jcinit.c:45: error: for each function it appears in.)
> ./obj/jcinit.c:45: warning: left-hand operand of comma expression has no
> effect
>
> The culprit is obviously a missing #define for JERR_ARITH_NOTIMPL;

No, JERR_ARITH_NOTIMPL is defined in the included file jerror.h. For
some reason, however, not this file ./obj/jerror.h is included, but
/sw/include/jerror.h, if it exists. The latter file comes from one of
Fink's libjpeg packages. And whereas the one from libjpeg is the same as
the one from the ghostscript sources, the one from libjpeg8 is different
and no longer defines JERR_ARITH_NOTIMPL.

The workaround is therefore:

   fink remove libjpeg8

A correct fix would be to convince the ghostscript-nox package not to
include jerror.h from /sw/include, but from ./opt/. If this is not
possible, the package would have to buildconflict with libjpeg8.

--
Martin