Hi,
on trying to build ghostscript-nox-7.04-3 I encountered the following error:

gcc `cat ./obj/cc.tr`  -DHAVE_MKSTEMP -O2 -I/sw/include -Wall
-Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wmissing-prototypes
-Wtraditional -fno-builtin -fno-common  -I./obj -Ijpeg  -o
./obj/jcinit.o -c ./obj/jcinit.c
In file included from ./obj/jinclude.h:20,
                 from ./obj/jcinit.c:19:
./obj/jconfig.h:181:4: warning: suggest hiding #pragma from traditional
C with an indented #
./obj/jcinit.c: In function 'jinit_compress_master':
./obj/jcinit.c:31: warning: traditional C rejects ISO C style function
definitions
./obj/jcinit.c:45: error: 'JERR_ARITH_NOTIMPL' undeclared (first use in
this function)
./obj/jcinit.c:45: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
./obj/jcinit.c:45: error: for each function it appears in.)
./obj/jcinit.c:45: warning: left-hand operand of comma expression has no
effect

The culprit is obviously a missing #define for JERR_ARITH_NOTIMPL; this
error seems to have existed for some time, at least on BSD, as the post
on http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-users/2009/08/31/msg010602.html
suggests. However, the issue was never really solved, only someone
indicated that it may have something to do with CUPS.

I'm on Mac 10.6.2, running Fink v. 0.29.13 64bit installed in the
standard prefix. Last selfupdate was on Aug 25 17:44:59 2010 using rsync.

Does someone have any further information on this? I'm going to have a
look at the code myself, but my C hasn't been used seriously in years,
so I can't promise I'll be all that helpful in fixing things up...
However, I'll be happy to test any suggestions.

Jan