On 28/09/10 18:44, Lizzy Wilbanks wrote:

[]
> $ /usr/bin/gcc-4.0 --version
> dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib
>    Referenced from: /usr/bin/i686-apple-darwin10-gcc-4.0.1
>    Reason: no suitable image found.  Did find:
> /usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib: mach-o, but wrong architecture
> /usr/local/lib/libiconv.2.dylib: mach-o, but wrong architecture
> /usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib: mach-o, but wrong architecture
>

>     $ file /usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib
>     /usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib: Mach-O 64-bit dynamically linked shared
>     library x86_64

I am bouncing this back to the list, because I don't know what could be
the cause that your /usr/bin/gcc-4.0 is 32bit and your
/usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib is only 64bit and not "fat". Something must
have gone wrong in your system installation.

The fink bootstrap process tests whether /usr/bin/gcc-4.0 is not too old
(this used to be important on older OSX versions), even if "gcc" is in
reality /usr/bin/gcc-4.2. And in your case, /usr/bin/gcc-4.0 does not
work, because it doesn't find the dynamic libraries it needs. Fink then
concludes that it is too old, which is of course not very intelligent.

Maybe someone else has an idea.

Anyway, reinstalling the xcode tools might repair your gcc-4.0, although
I doubt that /usr/lib/libiconv.2.dylib is installed from the xcode
tools. It is part of the base system, I believe.

--
Martin