On Fri, 16 Sep 2011 17:43:09 -0400, Alexander Hansen  wrote:
> On 9/16/11 5:29 PM, Peter Dyballa wrote:
> > > I wanted to build and install the smallest TeX Live package (and
> > one which does not annoy me with Motif–personally I prefer
> > libXaw3d) to understand where files go, in order to mimic this in
> > the system-texive packages. After satisfying some dependencies Fink
> > reports:
> > > WARNING: While resolving conflict "libicu32-dev" for package
> > "texlive-nox-0.20100722-4", package "libicu32-dev" was not found.
> > > Fink lists:
> > > libicu36-dev 3.6.0-5 Headers for Apple-supplied ICU libraries
> > > Some version of libICU is installed in /usr/lib as
> > libicucore.A.dylib. The real problem is with  a no-X Ghostscript:
>
> There are different versions of libICU on different OS versions, and
> so instead of having separate .info files it was decided to put all of
> the options in, and that the warning for a nonexistent version isn't a
> big deal.

Yup. Seems like it's obviously not a problem that the package conflicts
with something that doesn't exist.

BuildConflicts is always a crutch. A better solution would be for the
package to fix its flags or configuration logic so it doesn't see that
package (for those that have it, or the libicu36-dev that *does* exist
for others) even if it were installed. Maintainer cc'ed.

dan

  --
Daniel Macks
dma...@netspace.org