Hello!

I wanted to build and install the smallest TeX Live package (and one which does
not annoy me with Motif–personally I prefer libXaw3d) to understand where files
go, in order to mimic this in the system-texive packages. After satisfying some
dependencies Fink reports:

        WARNING: While resolving conflict "libicu32-dev" for package
"texlive-nox-0.20100722-4", package "libicu32-dev" was not found.

Fink lists:

        libicu36-dev    3.6.0-5 Headers for Apple-supplied ICU libraries

Some version of libICU is installed in /usr/lib as libicucore.A.dylib. The real
problem is with  a no-X Ghostscript:

        fink needs help picking an alternative to satisfy a virtual dependency.
The
        candidates:

        (1)     ghostscript-nox: Interpreter for PostScript and PDF
        (2)     ghostscript6-nox: Intrp. for PostScript/PDF, no X11 support

I picked 1, because Ghostscript 6 is very old and might pollute CUPS. But 1
leads to:

        While trying to install:
          ghostscript-nox-7.04-3

        The following inconsistencies found:
          Unsatisfied dependency in imagemagick: ghostscript | ghostscript
          Unsatisfied dependency in gv: ghostscript
          Unsatisfied dependency in libwmf-shlibs: ghostscript

Why is there no ghostscript-nox package version 9.x? The texlive.info file
contains:

          (%type_raw[-nox] = -nox) ghostscript-nox,
          (%type_raw[-nox] = .) ghostscript,

--
Greetings

  Pete

Theory and practice are the same, in theory, but, in practice, they are
different.