On 6/16/12 6:41 PM, Hanspeter Niederstrasser wrote:
> On 6/16/2012 4:08 PM, Martin Costabel wrote:
>> On 16/06/12 19:46, Alex M. wrote:
>> []
>>> ld: file not found: /sw/lib/vtk58/libvtkDICOMParser.5.8.dylib for
>>> architecture x86_64
>> []
>>> Failed: phase compiling: vtk58-5.8.0-2 failed
>>
>> This has been reported several times, but I haven't managed to see it
>> myself. On my machine here, I see many more dylibs on that command line,
>> among them also libvtkDICOMParser.5.8.dylib, but I don't have an
>> explanation. Trying to understand how cmake constructs a linker command
>> line is, let's say, not easy.
>
> Martin,
>
> I just tried building this with UseMaxBuildJobs: false added to
> vtk58.info and the build failed the same way.  I've put up my full build
> log here:
> <http://www.snaggledworks.com/fink/logs/fink-build-log_vtk58_5.8.0-2_2012.06.16-19.52.25>
>
> for easy diffing against a successful build log.
>
> The failed linker line is identical to Alex's.
> VTKBuild/bin/libvtkDICOMParser.5.8.dylib exists, and is a symlink to
> VTKBuild/bin/libvtkDICOMParser.5.8.0.dylib, which is an x86_64 dylib.
>
> Hanspeter

I got the same thing, too.

Note that the failed linker line references
"/sw/lib/vtk58/libvtkDICOMParser.5.8.dylib", which doesn't exist unless
vtk58-shlibs is already installed, rather than
"VTKBuild/bin/libvtkDICOMParser.5.8.dylib".

Martin, perhaps you will be able to reproduce the issue if you remove
any currently-installed vtk58* packages.
--
Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
Fink User Liaison