I'm experiencing a library conflict when running latex (or pdflatex) installed
from texlive on my laptop running Mountain Lion (10.8.3). I have recently done
a clean install of fink with the most up-to-date Xcode.

>latex
dyld: Library not loaded: /sw/lib/libxml2.2.dylib
  Referenced from: /sw/lib/libpoppler.4.dylib
  Reason: Incompatible library version: libpoppler.4.dylib requires version
11.0.0 or later, but libxml2.2.dylib provides version 10.0.0
Trace/BPT trap

Apparently there is a problem with the DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH, since if I
temporarily take the drastic measure of unsetting it then latex works fine w/o
any conflict. I'm not sure why this is happening. Here's the otool output:

>otool -L /sw/bin/latex
/sw/bin/latex:
        /sw/lib/libpng15.15.dylib (compatibility version 26.0.0, current
version 26.0.0)
        /usr/lib/libz.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version
1.2.5)
        /sw/lib/libpoppler.4.dylib (compatibility version 5.0.0, current
version 5.0.0)
        /sw/lib/libkpathsea.6.dylib (compatibility version 7.0.0, current
version 7.1.0)
        /usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib (compatibility version 7.0.0, current
version 56.0.0)
        /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current
version 169.3.0)

Note that I do not have this problems on an iMac using a slightly older Xcode.

Thanks for any thoughts on how to resolve this gracefully.