On 2/08/13 17:58, Hanspeter Niederstrasser wrote:
[]
> It's not that there's a rogue cmake present in the system.  Tiziano only
> has the command line tools installed and not the full Xcode.app (this is
> a acceptable situation for Fink) and cmake tries to be helpful, but
> doesn't understand this possibility.  The options are to either:
>
> 1) install the full Xcode tools, or
> 2) modify boost1.46 to include -DCMAKE_OSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET:STRING="" , or
> 3) modify cmake to stop setting CMAKE_OSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET if
> CMAKE_OSX_SYSROOT is empty (which is what happens when only the command
> line tools are installed.  This is controlled from
> /sw/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/Platform/Darwin.cmake
>
> I think this feature will hit every package that uses cmake on a system
> when only the command line tools are installed.
>
> I can't get on CVS right now to patch boost1.46.  Martin, I've included
> you into the discussion since you are the cmake maintainer and might
> know the best way to patch cmake for this.

I am not sure about this. cmake picks up the environment variable
MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET set by fink. It looks like there is a
difference in opinion about the meaning of MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET
between Fink on one side and cmake and Apple on the other side.

Apple and cmake think that if you set MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET, then you
also use the corresponding SDK to build against, even if your local
system is the one you are building for. This would imply option 2 above:
Packages using cmake as build system and not requiring a specific SDK
(which means Depends: xcode-app), should unset MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET,
either with the -DCMAKE_OSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET:STRING="" cmake option, or
with the fink field
NoSetMACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET: true.

I don't remember the reason why fink is setting MACOSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET
by default.

--
Martin