Hi Hanspeter,

Sorry for the delay...

I tested the package description today. It did manage to compile and install
gccxml for me, and better yet, I managed to compile my code with it. (Which
also runs after this compilation.)

I do get an annoying warning from the application, but it doesn't affect its
results:

--->> genreflex: WARNING: While trying to retrieve compiler version, found
unknown compiler /sw/bin/g++-fsf-4.8

All in all, I very much vote for this package to be collected into the
repository. (With slightly more meaningful description strings. :-P)

Cheers,
              Attila

On Aug 10, 2013, at 4:36 PM, Hanspeter Niederstrasser <f...@snaggledworks.com>
wrote:

> On 8/8/2013 5:46 PM, Attila Krasznahorkay wrote:
>> Hi Hanspeter,
>>
>> Sorry for the confusion, I should've been clearer.
>>
>> It is possible to compile gccxml using the default clang on the machine.
>> It's just that the latest clang installation has some headers that drive
>> gccxml crazy at runtime. As far as I understand, by giving this setting to
>> the application (GCCXML_COMPILER=llvm-gcc also works by the way...), gccxml
>> encounters headers that it can actually parse correctly.
>
> Please try the attached gccxml.info file (save it to
> /sw/fink/dists/local/main/finkinfo) and see how it works.  It uses Fink's
> gcc48 to compile.  Modifying it to use a different compiler is simple enough,
> but the problem is that 'gcc' can point to very different compilers,
> depending on the OS X version, and llvm-gcc will disappear in 10.9 anyway, so
> setting GCCXML_COMPILER to an Apple provided non-clang compiler from within
> the Fink package will be tricky.  If the user is going to have to manually
> set GCCXML_COMPILER to their compiler of choice anyway, I can switch gccxml
> to compile with clang to avoid pulling in the heavy gcc48 dependency.
>
> Hanspeter
>
> <gccxml.info>

 Attila Krasznahorkay  attila.krasznahor...@cern.ch
 New York University      Phone: +41-22-76 77368
 The ATLAS Collaboration     Room: 32-S-A19