On 8/12/2013 5:42 PM, Attila Krasznahorkay wrote:
> Hi Hanspeter,
>
> Sorry for the delay...
>
> I tested the package description today. It did manage to compile and install
> gccxml for me, and better yet, I managed to compile my code with it. (Which
> also runs after this compilation.)
>
> I do get an annoying warning from the application, but it doesn't affect its
> results:
>
> --->> genreflex: WARNING: While trying to retrieve compiler version, found
> unknown compiler /sw/bin/g++-fsf-4.8

Don't know if that's a genreflex or gccxml bug.  It seems to be using
the file name to determine the compiler, but it should instead use some
other method ($COMPILER --version perhaps).  Either way, upstream should
probably fix how their detection works.

> All in all, I very much vote for this package to be collected into the
> repository. (With slightly more meaningful description strings. :-P)

Oops.  Sorry about that.  That's what happens when I quickly copy and
paste from another package as a template.

I've gone ahead and checked in gccxml into the CVS tree.  I changed the
way the versioning works, so the official Fink release shows a lower
version than the test file I sent you (although the actual gccxml
version is still the latest).  Please 'fink remove gccxml' to get rid of
the test version, delete the .info I emailed, and do a fink selfupdate.
  This will fetch the new file which you can then build and install.

Hanspeter