On 24/09/13 15:18, Richard Miles wrote:
> I see. so g77 will never work until those problems are fixed. Thank you for
> telling me that.

No. I did *not* tell you that. I said

>> I don't believe they are related to the /usr/local/bin/fish story (which is
>> still very mysterious to me, maybe some kind of weird /usr/local/bin/make
>> interfering).

The real reason why you get this weird /usr/local/bin/fish in the output
from the make command has not yet been uncovered by the informations you
gave. They uncovered some other (cosmetic) problems with other Fink
packages, but nothing so far that explains your g77 build failure.

--
Martin