On Apr 23, 2014, at 10:26 PM, Jeff Mulligan <jeffrey.b.mulli...@nasa.gov> wrote:

> On 4/23/14 7:06 PM, Alexander Hansen wrote:
>>
>> Unless a Fink installation has linked against a lot of stuff that got
>> removed later (like third-party libs in /usr/local or from another packaging
>> system) removing and restarting from scratch normally results in a build
>> failing at exactly the same place.
> Your comment prompted me to look in /usr/local/lib, where I had a few things
> I had built from source myself, I renamed /usr/local/lib and tried again, but
> the result was the same.
>
> -j.

It's not /usr/local/lib you need to check, but /usr/local/include. You must
have a sys/epoll.h file in there. The 'pyepoll' functions only get built if
it's present, and since OS X doesn't have epoll, the link fails. You need to
find where sys/epoll.h is and remove it. It's going to break a lot more than
python.

Daniel