On 5/22/2014 3:50 AM, Sven de Vries wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> fink is a great package manager.
>
> However, on emacs, the current package is quite a bit behind:
> *fink offers 23.4, whereas
> *at gnu they are at 24.3.
>
> Is there any hope for an updated package?

Please download the emacs24.info and emacs24.patch files to
/sw/fink/dists/local/main/finkinfo and try to build and run emacs24.
For any one who actually understands emacs and install-info packaging, I
had to comment out the .info file games because I couldn't understand
what the point of the mangle-info script was.  Feel free to fix as
needed.  For now it builds for me and starts up, but that's the extent
of the testing I can do.

Hanspeter