> On Jul 23, 2015, at 15:16, Jerlyn Swiatlowski <jswia...@ucr.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to instal gmt through fink and I am getting a "Failed: phase
> installing: libidn-1.31-1 failed"
> I have also tried to install libidn-shlibs

You will get the same error because libidn-shlibs and libidn are generated as
parts of the same build.

> and ghostscript

ghostscript will give you the same error because it needs libidn, which is what
is failing.

> and I get the exact same error.
> (Complete error message below):
>

> /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make Makefile
>  cd .. && /bin/sh
> /sw/src/fink.build/libidn-1.31-1/libidn-1.31/build-aux/missing automake-1.14
> --gnu doc/Makefile
>
> /sw/src/fink.build/libidn-1.31-1/libidn-1.31/build-aux/missing: line 81:
> automake-1.14: command not found
>
> WARNING: 'automake-1.14' is missing on your system.

<snip>

> Thank you,
>
> Jerlyn

The package appears to be missing a build dependency on automake1.14.  Do a
“fink install automake1.14” and then you should be able to install libidn.

Unfortunately, we can’t fix this in the distribution until SourceForge.net
fixes CVS.

--
Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
Fink User Liaison