I've also figured out why it can build successfully on my system. The .info
file for xrootd4 is missing one or more BuildDepends files, and root5 has at
least one BuildDepends it doesn't need. Specifically, system-openssl-dev, is
included in the root5.info and it doesn't need to be there. xrootd4.info,
however, does need an openssl, and openssl100-dev and shlibs work fine for the
build.

Basically, if fink doesn't install system-openssl-dev before the xrootd4 build,
it can succeed. Otherwise it will fail.

Thanks,
Sean