> On Oct 3, 2015, at 16:32, PNM <p...@minoofar.com> wrote:
>
> I finally got fink working on 10.11, but I get errors that fink tells me
> scanpackages should fix, but then I get the following scanpackges error:
>
> /sw/bin/apt-get-lockwait -q update
> Err http://bindist.finkmirrors.net stable/main Packages
>  404 Not Found
> Ign http://bindist.finkmirrors.net stable/main Release
> Failed to fetch
> http://bindist.finkmirrors.net/10.11/dists/stable/main/binary-darwin-x86_64/Packages
>   404 Not Found
> Reading Package Lists...
> Building Dependency Tree...
> E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones
> used instead.
> ### execution of /sw/bin/apt-get-lockwait failed, exit code 100
> WARNING: Failure while updating indexes.
>
> Is a URL not active, or are my mirror selections too old?
>
> Payam
> __________
> "...to show compassion for an individual without showing concern for the
> structures of society that make him an object of compassion is to be
> sentimental rather than loving"
>               --William Sloane Coffin

It’s an inactive URL—it’s not old, but not yet active.

The error isn’t actually with scanpackages, but with the post-scanpackages
attempt to update the package lists on the binary distribution. However, there
isn’t a binary distribution for 10.11 right now.

Those messages are harmless—apart from potentially causing scripts to fail.  If
you want not to worry about them, you can run “fink configure” and turn off
fink’s integration with the binary distribution.
--
Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
Fink User Liaison