Hello there,

I am brand new new FiPy, in fact just seem to have managed to install it on Windows 2000 and Slackware 10.2 Linux. This seems like enormously powerful software! I have read some documentation and briefly reviewed the mailing list. There is one entry (http://www.mail-archive.com/fipy@nist.gov/msg00116.html) that seems to speak to the subject, but it is a little too advanced for me.

I am just wondering how to set up a problem in cylindrical (r,z) rather than rectangular (x,y) coordinates. Is there a command I should call or is there an object I have to initialize in order to switch on cylindrical coordinates? From the above entry, I am almost guessing that one would have to implement their own divergences and such in cylindrical coordinates by adding the radius in proper places of the divergences and such in rectangular coordinates? That can't be right!?

Also, other than using GMsh (which is incredibly awesome software, by the way), how I can I create somewhat more complicated domains than the simple lines, squares and circles used in most of the examples. Can I generate such geometry in FiPy, and can I mesh that then? All I have seen thus far is meshing commands for lines, rectangles or circles. How would I create and mesh, say, a Tee shape?

Thanks,

Matt Koch