Daniel the author sent the original document. I checked it, he did not
mentioned any boundary conditions on phi,

I checked carefully my code, there was a mistake of sign in these lines

q1s=sin*qin+phi*qout
q2s=(1-sin)*qin+(1-phi)*qout

I should have

q1s=sin*qin-phi*qout
q2s=(1-sin)*qin-(1-phi)*qout

and every thing is perfect I obtained the plot which are in the attached
file. Fipy can do it.

I try to run another, among the equations I have an equation of this kind

eq1=TransientTerm(coeff=+1)==PowerLawConvectionTerm(coeff=1*p.getFaceGrad())+_ExplicitSourceTerm(q1s)
eq2=ImplicitDiffusionTerm(coeff=1-phi)==(phi-phi.getOld())/timeStep+((1-phi)*(1-phi).getGrad()).getDivergence()+_ExplicitSourceTerm(q2s)

I had an error message saying

TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for /: 'binOp' and 'unOp'

I then open a shell and type eq1 and I have an output
when I type eq2 it says that eq2 is not define

the above error concerns eq2, but I can not understand this error message

Your hint gonna help me

Regards

2008/8/28 Daniel Wheeler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>
> Sorry. What are the boundary conditions for phi?
>
> On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 12:35 PM, Daniel Wheeler
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > What should are the boundary conditions for phi?
> >
> > On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 1:58 PM, franck kalala
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> Thanks Jonathan for your hint, it was very helpfully for me and I don't
> have
> >> that error message,
> >> But i have some strange plot, the value of phi at left and right are
> very
> >> huge in contradiction of the initial value of phi. and the plot of p
> still a
> >> straight line at value 1 and the plot of phi must be between o and 1.
> but
> >> this is not the case, may you try jonathan to run my code and try to see
> >> what happened.
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > Daniel Wheeler
> >
>
>
>
> --
> Daniel Wheeler
>
>


-- 
***********************************************
***********************************************
Franck Kalala Mutombo
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
African Institut for Mathematical Sciences, Muizenberg Cape Town, South
Africa
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
************************************************
************************************************

Reply via email to