Hi,

I am doing a flow field calculation like
http://www.ctcms.nist.gov/fipy/examples/flow/generated/examples.flow.stokesCavity.html

However, I obtain spurious oscillations for the pressure solution. Patankar
in his works is very clear that a staggered grid should be used for the
SIMPLE algorithm, in the example averaging is applied so as to work on one
grid, which I believe leads to these oscillations.

Does anybody has an idea how best to alleviate this problem? I am thinking
about eg a CornerCellVariable for vx/vy, which would be the staggered grid.
In essense that means a mesh holds two grids then. It becomes complicated
fast however.
Perhaps other ideas? Or better to calculate the flow field with another
tool?

Greetings,
Benny