2010/7/6 Daniel Wheeler <daniel.wheel...@gmail.com>

> Hi Benny, The oscillations may be a result of pressure velocity
> decoupling. To avoid this on a collocated grid one needs to use an
> interpolation method such as Rhie-Chow interpolation or a more modern
> variant:
>
> <
> http://apps.isiknowledge.com/full_record.do?product=WOS&search_mode=GeneralSearch&qid=6&sid=1c...@1f69fl81hkpdm&page=1&doc=1#output_options
> >

> In FiPy this generally required getting the matrix diagonal and using
> it as part of the interpolation. I can discuss more if you want to
> pursue it further.
>
> I am not sure if it is possible to set up a staggered grid in FiPy in
> a practical way. That may be another option. One grid would probably
> have to be created in Gmsh in order to have the cell centers at the
> same place as the face centers on the other grid. I have never tried
> this, but it is certainly possible.
>
> Hope this helps. Cheers.

I read this article and some other references, and updated the stokes cavity
example to avoid the oscillations.
I hope the example is updated like this, because although the flow lines
don't change much most of the time, seeing the oscillations does not give
confidence.

All it attached to http://matforge.org/fipy/ticket/305

I attached a before and after of my experiment to show clearly how the
oscillations are removed nicely.

Greetings,
Benny