Thanks for the suggestion, Daniel. I think I see what you mean... Basically, the large grid (necessary to reduce boundary artifacts and approximate semi-infinite solid) gives a very low resolution for the small part of that grid where the source is located. So more error is introduced compared to a smaller grid spacing in the region of the source. Benny's approach was to refine the grid, but integrating the source analytically should address the same issue. Is this correct?

Adam