Is there a way to use Trilinos with windows? PyTrilinos doesn't seem to be
compatible.
When I tried to install Fipy with Trilinos on OSX, I can't seem to run
anything since even
python -c "from fipy import *; fipy.test()" gives an AttributeError
and in the diffusion/mesh1D.py file, it gives a NameError (doesn't
recognize Grid1D)

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 7:30 PM, Guyer, Jonathan E. Dr. <
jonathan.gu...@nist.gov> wrote:

> My tests show the coupled variant is actually faster (with Trilinos).
>
> As mentioned in ticket 658, the PySparse LU solver uses a lot of memory
> for this problem (it always uses a lot, but it's particularly high here).
> It's generally quite fast, but if it needs a substantial fraction of the
> RAM on your machine, then virtual memory "thrashing" can ensue, which is
> enormously slow. There's little point in running a simulation under these
> conditions.
>
> On Jan 16, 2014, at 2:21 PM, Jane Hung <jyh...@mit.edu>
>  wrote:
>
> > I'm using PySparse
> >
> > On Jan 15, 2014, at 10:27 PM, Guyer, Jonathan E. Dr. <
> jonathan.gu...@nist.gov> wrote:

> with just one equation). Is that expected?
> > >

> > > I'm not sure. We'll do some tests.
> > >
> > > What solver suite are you using? PySparse or Trilinos?

Jane Hung
Graduate Student | MIT Department of Chemical Engineering
Hatton Lab 66-325 | Doyle Lab E18-509
jyh...@mit.edu | 415.952.6325