Amazing! Changing T to a FaceVariable it really improved my results!
However, they still have a considerable gap from the optimal, I use scipy
LinearLUSolver, is there anything else I could do?

Thank you very much for your help!

Best regards,
John

On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 6:49 PM, Guyer, Jonathan E. Dr. <
jonathan.gu...@nist.gov> wrote:

> On Sep 9, 2014, at 10:00 AM, John Assael <iass...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I believe the problem is that all my variables are cell variables.
> However, I read in the FAQ that diffusion terms have to be FaceVariables.
>
> Coefficients to DiffusionTerms can be supplied as a CellVariable, but they
> will be linearly interpolated to a FaceVariable. This can be a source of
> discrepancy against other methods and/or expectations.
>
> > And then I go to the areas I have defined and set the values. Here is an
> example of two of them.
> >
> >     x, y = mesh.cellCenters
> >
> >     meshW = (x ** 2 + y ** 2 <= properties['r'] ** 2)
> >     Q.setValue(properties['Q'], where= meshW)
> >     T.setValue(properties['T'], where= meshW)
> >     D.setValue(properties['D'], where= meshW)
> >
> > However, when I do that I get an error for the face variable for every
> single one I try to change.
>
> You cannot assign the values of a FaceVariable T using cellCenter
> locations. You need to use faceCenter locations:

> > Would sweeps instead of solve help me solve the problem?
>
> Sweeps are to address non-linearity in your equations. T is not a function
> of dT, so non-linearity is not your problem.

..:: ic3man.gr ::..
software | design | development
_/_/_/ email : iass...@gmail.com
_/_/_/ www   : http://www.ic3man.gr