Hello,

I am stuck in how to correctly apply a simple convection boundary condition
in FiPy, in the context of simple transient heat conduction in 2D.

Is this correct:

var.faceGrad.constrain([-convectionCoeff/k*(var.faceValue-T_infinity)]*mesh.faceNormals,where=surfaceFaces)

I have a 2D mesh generated in gmsh. The convection boundary condition is
applied to a curved boundary.

The code and results are found at:

https://github.com/cashTangoTangoCash/Convection2DFiPyExample01/tree/master

The project appears to have a heap of files, but It’s a really just a
simple 2D problem with a comparison to an analytical solution. The basic
script is ConvectionTestProblem2D_01.py. Report20181116.pdf shows current
results, which are clearly wrong.

Am I correctly applying the convection boundary condition in terms of the
FiPy syntax/language for this 2D problem with a gmsh mesh and a curved
boundary?

Thanks