> On Mar 22, 2017, at 7:01 PM, Henry Schaffer <h...@ncsu.edu> wrote:
>
> It is puzzling - in the Abstract it says, "Most incidents were
> male-on-female: 63.4% (no weapon), 77.4% (bodily weapon), 50.2% (nongun
> external weapon), and 79.5% (gun)." ??? How do those %ages make sense?

A poorly crafted sentence.  For instance, in the no-weapon incidents, 63.4%
involved male offenders and the rest were female offenders.  Similarly for the
other clauses.

The paper counts verbal assaults, stalking, threats, abduction of children, and
a number of other non-contact offenses as "violence."  IANAL, so I don't know
whether or not this makes "legal" sense.