All,

Could you explain, please, semantics of addRef/release on public
provider interfaces?

The issue was discussed on this list with two possibilities:
- when refCount = 1, release does things like detach, rollback, free,
etc. It's what was implemented so far.
- sometime mentioned also that detach/rollback/etc would not release,
and user would need to explicit call it.

But now Vlad says we can't call release when refCount = 1, and it's just
there to decrement addRefs.

This broke code I wrote based on discussed ideas, and I don't feel it's
correct.

(Also note Alex code in jrd.cpp and is clear he wrote code not using
this new assumption.)

Adriano