On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 3:40 PM, Alex Peshkoff <peshk...@mail.ru> wrote:
>  Hi, Dam!
>
> Can you comment something about this issue:
> http://tracker.firebirdsql.org/browse/CORE-3637
>
> Telling true I'm surprised. Why is that port needed at all?
> May be there is a real park of old 68k machines? Wikipedia mentions that
> 68k-based architecture based CPUs are used in embedded systems, but
> apache+php+firebird - is not it too much for embedded device? We had
> that port in FB1, but later cleaned it up. And I see no reasons to
> return to it. Did not drop as "Won't fix" only because it came from
> Debian :)
I follow the bugs and fixes for debian and seems that port got in a
compilable/bootable state at last :)
http://lists.debian.org/debian-68k/2011/10/msg00002.html

I saw that ColdFire is still produced so this is what is the target
for the real world (debian embeded)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freescale_ColdFire

I will try to start the emulator and see how firebird  works on it