Claudio,

> Hello, for a long time I've been thinking in creating a TxnType (or whatever
> name) to hold the type of a transaction, so it could be changed for
> experimentation in the future. This type would be ULONG for now (although I
> found some cases where we still use SLONG).

We have *a lot* of places where it's still SLONG. So I'd start with
making it globally unsigned.

As for changing its type, this is still questionable. I'm playing with
64-bit IDs for a while and I'm not yet confident this is the preferred
approach for the future. I'd prefer to keep it as ULONG until we really
know what we're going to do.