Hello,

InterBase XE3 got something which allows to create indexes during
restore in parallel.
http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/RADStudio/en/InterBase_XE3

I'm currently running a restore of a Firebird 2.5.2 TPC-H scale 1
database (both, backup and restore are on a consumer SDD) and in that
case the index creation process is mainly CPU bound, basically fully
utilizing 1 core of my hexa-core desktop.

Is this something where Firebird could benefit as well? If yes, would
this be possible across all architectures or does this need a shared
page cache etc.

Another improvement for the index creation process during a restore
might be to allow a temporary bigger page cache, so perhaps a -cache,
-buffers or whatever option might be helpful. Pretty much what e.g isql
already allows at connection level etc.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Thomas