> 19.11.2012 17:41, Alex Peshkoff wrote:
> > As far as I remember in hex, but you may try yourself.
>
>    Thanks, I'm not so curious. And I didn't say "big" for nothing: I can't
> imagine
> SQL statement of size 3-4Gb. Firebird statement is limited to 64k, there is no
> way to put big BLOB into it.

But we could adopt an approach similar to IBExpert, which creates 2 files for
each "dump"; 1 SQL file and 1 file containing the blob contents.

The SQL file statements contain a special tag (which includes the position
offset and length of the data in the Blob file).  The SQL parser then joins the
Blob data into the SQL statement when the script is executed.

Sean