I guess you can start with first task compiling and onother task would
be document new firebird 3 api with examples

https://github.com/asfernandes/fbstuff/commits/master

If i had time i would create new firebird 3 c++ examples from old c based api
https://github.com/asfernandes/firebird/tree/master/examples/interfaces

To understand the firebird 3 architecture there are a few
presentations from previous conferences
http://www.slideshare.net/mindthebird/firebird-3-providerbased-architecture-plugins-and-oo-approach-to-api