DY> 29.04.2014 12:09, Mark Rotteveel wrote:

>> If you look at SQL Server, there jobs themselves are not defined for a
>> specific database (although they may depend on one or more databases).
>> AFAIK they are stored in the master database. Execution requires an Agent
>> service to be running.

DY> We neither have a master database, nor an agent service, nor database
DY> links to access user dbs from a master one (or any other solution to
DY> this issue). Shouldn't we think about something more realistic? Or at
DY> least postpone scheduled tasks until we have a proper foundation built?
DY> Dmitry

I'm considering that "master database" would be used only to store the
jobs information. A client/daemon would read it, create all the
schedules and run the tasks at desired time (use of OS scheduler is an
option too). Such "master database" (better call it
jobs/tasks/scheduler database?) can be created and distributed with
new installations (like the security2.fdb already is).

If you don't worry about mixing things a bit, maybe even security2.fdb
could be enhanced to store jobs data, avoiding the need to create a
new pre-installed database.

[]s
Carlos
http://www.firebirdnews.org