>> So, for Firebird, I think that it would be up to the user and/or the
>> software developer to decide how they would want to execute such
>> tasks(either creating their own service, or using a batch/script to
>> execute the commands scheduled via a task scheduler). As an example,
>> our application has a service(for an n-tier application) that runs on
>> the server, and we simply add the maintenance tasks in it, and
>> they are scheduled when they are to be executed.
>> Since there is always another way of doing it.

AP> +1
AP> I also do not see big need in a feature that can be easily replaced with
AP> std OS tools.

Well, most of the times, there are alternative ways of doing
something. Afaiu, DY didn't restricted the list to only things that
could not be done in alternative ways <g>

Anyway, I'll not argue about priority. The tracker has a voting
feature that can be used to measure this (although most people don't
know about it).

[]s
Carlos
http://www.firebirdnews.org