On 08/08/14 20:47, Adriano dos Santos Fernandes wrote:

At least I have time to answer tech question. What a luck!

> Automatic vtable upgrade is ok for me, provided we have a trust-able and
> reliable way to add them.
>
> Attached a demo for it, search for "upgrade". I implemented dummy
> PluginModule for the demo.
>
> It works provided that who called the method that returned the new
> object was compiled together (or with the same API version) of who is
> calling the object method. In most of cases I'd imagine, this is true.
>
> What do you think?

Currently I do not know other usages.

Some small detail - it's better to upgrade to the current version at
once to avoid upgrading first to 4, next to 5, etc.

> But there may be more cases, like passing a [in]/out parameter, but may
> be possible in C++.

May you be a bit more explicit here?
If it's about passing interface as parameter - yes, version
check/upgrade is needed here.
But I do not catch how you differ for interface is it in or out?

> C people and others may use manual upgrade or version check.

Or appropriate thin layer may be generated for them. Not so beautiful as
for C++, but quite functional.