> This issue could be solved by extending the GRANT/REVOKE DDL syntax such as
> adding a VISIBLE [AS NULL]  option to the privileges list - ie if you revoke
> visible from a column, it is as if that column does not exist.   If you
> revoke visible with the as null option, the column exists for you, but,
> returns a null as a result.

IMO it's completely enough to have any granted permission to make a
column visible for user. A column is invisible if there is no any
granted permission. I cannot imagine a situation when you have SELECT
for column but do not have VISIBLE.

Regarding PROCEDURES it could be the same. SOURCE could be visible
only for users who have ALTER PROCEDURE permission. Now DDL
permissions are supported, you know.

But it still does not solve a problem of protection SOURCE code of a
procedure. I tend to an idea of either encryption of SOURCE field by
developer's key or do not store SOURCE code at all depending on
special option of CREATE or ALTER procedure.

--
Roman Simakov