25.07.2015 15:45, Mark Rotteveel wrote:

> How would I go about that if none of the errors in that facility are
> defined inside Firebird,

   We could define and reserve facility code for Jaybird and let you know it.

> and how can I know/calculate the range of error
> codes I can use (a quick glance at the code seems to suggest that each
> facility has 24 bits for error codes)?

   Look at src\common\msg_encode.h :

const ISC_STATUS ISC_MASK       = 0x14000000;   // Defines the code as a valid
ISC code
const ISC_STATUS FAC_MASK       = 0x00FF0000;   // Specifies the facility where
the code is located
const ISC_STATUS CODE_MASK      = 0x0000FFFF;   // Specifies the code in the
message file
const ISC_STATUS CLASS_MASK     = 0xF0000000;   // Defines the code as warning,
error, info, or other

Hope it helps,
Vlad