Hi Alex,

> >> May it be single text "Use of external table file at specified location
> >> is not allowed by server configuration" ?
> > Sure, it's less specific but better than what we have now.
>
> After changes I get (with private src) the following messages:
>
> Use of database at location /mnt/stg/tpcc.fdb is not allowed by server
> configuration
> Use of external file at location /mnt/abc is not allowed by server
> configuration
>
> Please recheck - is it OK?

Looks good to me. I like it that the path is mentioned in the error message;
this could speed up debugging.

But I would drop the database name from the first message and only mention the
directory path, a) because that's the location, and b) for consistency between
DatabaseAccess and ExternalFileAccess.

Paul Vinkenoog