On 10/09/2015 06:14 PM, Paul Vinkenoog wrote:
> Hi Alex,

>>> Sure, it's less specific but better than what we have now.
>> After changes I get (with private src) the following messages:
>>
>> Use of database at location /mnt/stg/tpcc.fdb is not allowed by server
>> configuration
>> Use of external file at location /mnt/abc is not allowed by server
>> configuration
>>
>> Please recheck - is it OK?
> Looks good to me. I like it that the path is mentioned in the error message;
> this could speed up debugging.
>
> But I would drop the database name from the first message and only mention
> the directory path, a) because that's the location, and b) for consistency
> between DatabaseAccess and ExternalFileAccess.

Sorry, in external file access it's also filename here, I've just typed
it w/o extension.
What about removing file name - it's not too hard, but may cause
problems when using new messages file with old server, you will get some
path and to say is it directory or full file name one will have to take
server version into an account. Special bad result will be when using
old client with new server...
Can we invite something else here?