18.11.2015 13:17, Dmitry Yemanov wrote:

>> >     No way.
> Why do we need something that nobody can use?

   To use it at server side.
   At least the ID should be in gstat output. This way a user can find it out.
At API
level, it may be made available among other database parameters using
isc_get_database_info() call.

>> >     Preserve because technically it is the same database.
> Here we disagree. It becomes a different database after fixup/restore,
> even being a page-level copy of the original one.

   It really depends on usage of the ID. For different purposes desired
behavior may
differ. But, IMHO, it would be better to have a single multipurpose ID than
blow header
with different UUIDs for everything. As you know, engine is not ready to work
with
multiple header pages right now.
   When it is used to identify crypt key, it must be preserved as long as the
database is
encrypted with this key.

>> >     Backup-restore.
> Not really handy, I'd say.

   Whatever users use the ID for, it should identify the database as long as it
exists.
May be gfix may be taught to replace/set the ID.

--
   WBR, SD.