On Thursday, March 3, 2016, Dmitry Yemanov <firebi...@yandex.ru> wrote:

> 03.03.2016 19:16, Jim Starkey wrote:
>
> > On 3/3/2016 11:10 AM, Dmitry Yemanov wrote:
> >> Am I missing something obvious?
> >
> > Yeah.  Data.
>
> I was not talking about value-based encoding (which surely requires a
> different approach).

And why not?  Are you so married to 35 year old technology designed to run
on platforms with less computing power than contemporary parking meters
that you can't envision that times have changed and there are new ideas in
the world?

Come on, Dmitry, you're a bright lad.  Consider the problem in depth and
let your mind range over the many possible solutions.  You can do it.  It
only hurts a little and only at first.

Jim Starkey