On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 4:23 PM, Dmitry Yemanov <firebi...@yandex.ru> wrote:

> When we speak about tablespaces, it usually means that the database
> consists of multiple files and different database object are stored in
> different files. Each such file is named within a database and called a
> tablespace.

It's probably not a reasonable concern at this point, but applying Oracle
tuning mechanisms to a Firebird database probably won't have the
performance benefits users expect.  It's going to take a lot of education to
convince people to use a feature they think they understand in a way that
work with Firebird,  Maybe I'm just arguing for a different name.

Cheers,

Ann