15.03.2016 18:37, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:

> Short version: will Firebird (2.5? 3? latest?) in general be kept
> compatible with the latest major compilers (within a reasonable time
> of their release) for each platform for the foreseeable future?

Yes. Just don't expect it to happen immediately.

v2.5 is officially built using VC2005 but also supports VC2008 and
VC2010 (used by some our developers).
v3.0 is officially built using VC2010 but also supports VC2012/2013.
v4.0 will be officially built using VC2013.

I don't want to promise anything for v2.5 which is likely to be
discontinued in two years, but I see no reason why v3 and v4 cannot be
compiled using VC2015 or whatever later. Obviously, it's not our top
priority. We just need someone to setup VC2015 and give it a try.